Hello family and friends!! I feel like I just wrote to you, so hopefully I have something to tell you... haha Days are just blending together and I can never remember what has happened. Haha but everything is going well! I can't believe I am starting into my 5th week out here in the field! Time seriously has flown by.
Last monday we played ultimate frisbee, again! And it was so fun! Turns out I'm really good. Either that or everyone else just isn't... haha I like to think I got my skills from Christopher though so don't ruin this for me. The rest of the day we just hung out. I love P-days :) Today we are going to hang out with Sister Frandsen, cause with her sister on a mission she loves hanging out with us. Haha love that lady!
Oh, but there is this lady that is a widow in the ward and we just love to visit her! Her name is Sister Earl. She is the greatest! She gets really excited about little things and she LOVES when we come over! She is a widow so she really doesn't have anybody come over to her house and so she loves us missionaries to come by and visit. We love to go and just talk about the gospel mostly. She is evidence that wisdom does come with age. She can just sit and talk about the gospel forever. And she was a convert to the church when she was a teenager and it's so fun to hear her stories. She remember a lot of her life for such an old lady and it's awesome! We visit her often :)
Some exciting news! So I told you about a boy named Christopher that we tracted into. He is 19 and we went and saw him on wednesday to finish teaching him the Restoration lesson cause last time it was rushed at the end. So we finished that up and the spirit was really strong. P.S. we were standing in his grandparents garage just talking so that is proof you can feel the spirit anywhere! Anyway so the spirit was really strong and Sister Rigby asked him if he would be baptized? And he said YES! He said he would definitely want that. We set a date with him for the 18th so hopefully it happens then! He came to church with us yesterday! Woo hoo! And he said he really enjoyed it!! :) There is a lot that he doesn't understand so we have a lot of work to do, but it's definitely worth it. He has had a hard past and right now we think that he smokes and maybe does some other drugs, so we have a lot of work with him, but he has told us many times that he wants to change his life around. He dropped out of school so he has a hard time reading and understanding things, so we need to work with him on that. We'll need to read the Book of Mormon with him and stuff. There is a lot to work on with him, but with the Lord anything is possible. :) We also told him to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it when he does read and he will come to know for himself if it's true and he says he believes it true. So he just needs to come to know for a fact :) And when we ended the lesson with him on wednesday we asked him if he would pray and he said yes, but he would need help. So I helped him pray and the spirit that was felt was SO STRONG. Ahhhh!!! It was amazing!! I have been waiting for the moment to be able to feel that with an investigator :) :) So pray for Chris!! P.P.S. This happened on Courtney's birthday. I knew it was a special day ;)
Yesterday at church was amazing!! I know I said we have been struggling with the ward, but as we have come to know them more and more my love grows for them! There are some really amazing people down here. For the most part it's still hard to find people to give rides for investigators and stuff like that, but as we get to know them more and gain their trust they are slowly starting to help more. :) But the testimonies yesterday were awesome! That was one of the times that I felt the Spirit so strong in church! All of us missionaries were talking about it after cause it was so strong to all of us. I just hope Chris was able to feel it and recognize it as the Spirit.
There is this lady named Sheila that we visit with. We have been trying to get her to come to church and read the Book of Mormon, but she has so many health problems it's hard for her. I don't remember if I already told you about her, but I'm too lazy to go back and look so sorry if I have. haha Anyway... She had a tumor on the back of her brain a year ago and they took it out, but now it's back. It's affecting her vision and her coordination and stuff. If she sits down to read something for too long she falls asleep. So she is always up and moving and moving around when she is talking to us. And not only does she have a tumor, but she just found out that her brother has colon cancer. Turns out he has had it for a long time now and she doesn't know what stage it's in, but if it's been a long time I'm guessing it's a stage 3 or 4. So now she is worried about that and she smokes allllllll the time!! So she is just having a really hard time right now and she tells us everytime we go over that we make her day so much better. She has had depression and she says we help so much. She says she feels different around us and I know that she can feel the Spirit she just doesn't recognize it. We know that we could get her to church and to be baptized, but there is so much going on right now that she won't come to church. We need to stress the importance of it with her, but she just talks and talks and has a hard time listening when we teach her something. Haha so we sit and listen to her like her therapists. Probably not a good thing that we do that, but she needs us right now. So pray for Sheila and her brother please!
On Friday we went tracting for about 2 hours and I think we had like 3 people open their doors, and they all told us they were saved and had accepted Jesus Christ and they didn't want to learn about what the Book of Mormon was. So cool. Haha hopefully we planted a seed somewhere with the millions of cards we left on everyone's doors. Then on Saturday we went tracting again for about 2 1/2 hours and we had about 7 people out of 60 houses open their door. Just open the door, not let us in, just open it to us. And everyone there thinks they're all "saved" so that was cool. Oh dear. Lot's of work to do down here. Haha but I really like tracting! My comp. hates it, but I really like it. I think part of it is I like to hear all the excuses people will come up with, and it's just nice to be able to walk around outside instead of sitting in a car going from house to house having nobody be home. On occasion we do get someone that will want to hear our message. But for now we're still chuggin along :)
Well that's about all my stories for this week. Sis. Rigby and I laugh A LOT during week, but mostly it's just me being a smart alec. Haha nope, I haven't changed ;)
I am SO MAD that I'm missing branding this weekend!! But I guess being on a mission is a good thing too.... haha I hope y'all have fun! Take LOTS of pictures and send them to me so I can enjoy it too! And for the really good pics, print them off and send them in the mail. Ah I hope you guys have so much fun! And that will be cool for y'all to be up there on Mother's day. Maybe you could have all the men cook. Hubert better order lots of frozen pizzas if you're gonna do that. Hahaha ;)
Oh! CONGRATS TO JULIA AND KAYLI ON YOUR MISSION CALLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ahhhh I'm SO EXCITED for you two!! You two will be amazing! I knew Julia would be going somewhere in Asia... haha I love you two so much!!
Sounds like y'all are havin fun and keepin busy! I'm super excited to call on Sunday! :) Hopefully I can figure it out with mom and we can skype :) Well remember that the church is true! I wouldn't be out here if it wasn't :) 3 Nephi 16:15...Nobody wants to be tasteless salt! Work hard to keep the commandments and do as the Lord has asked so we won't be worthless in these last days! Love you all so much!!
If you're not having fun, then you're not doing it right :)
Love,
Sister Rocha :)
NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
No comments:
Post a Comment