Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Sister Rocha's first e-mail! :D


Hey ya'll!!
 
How in the world is everyone?! I am doing just great! It is finally my P-day so I can write ya'll. I love it here at the MTC. I sent a letter the other day to mi familia, but I don't know if you got it yesterday or if you will get it today... so I guess we'll see. Um thank you everyone that has written me so far. It is really nice to get letters cause I get pretty homesick sometimes. Maybe if you would all just stay out of my dreams everything would be fine! I wake up in the morning at 6:30, already not a good thing haha and then I wake up dreaming of home so I think I'll be at home and I wake up in the top bunk in a room of 6 girls. So I guess you could say I am kinda homesick. But as the day gets started I get really busy and then I don't ever think about you again. Haha jklol jklol! But they do keep us really busy here so it's a good thing.
 
The spirit here is SO STRONG. Why didn't anybody warn me of this?! It's crazy the spirit I feel just being here around these people. We have class for 3 hours at a time twice a day and you would think I struggle with that because I have the attention span of Talon, but it is really awesome and I love it! I thought I knew a butt load of crap about the gospel, but I don't! (Nacho Libre reference for those who didn't catch it...) Haha it is so fun to learn so many new things and I start finding so many questions I want to know and it gets kind of frustrating, but it's awesome at the same time. Learning how to teach investgators is so fun. It is kind of scary teaching these fake "investigators" but once we get into the lesson and start talking to them the spirit comes and I'm not scared anymore. Hopefully that is how it is when I get out into the field. :/
 
But I guess I'll tell you a little bit about my district and zone and stuff. Um, these are the greatest people ever!! My companion is Sister Stewart and she is so kind and loving. She is from Mesa, Arizona. And in our tiny little room we have 6 of us. Sister Keyes, Sister Garzand, Sister Parson, Sister Smith, and me and Sister Stewart. As I already told you, I sleep on the top bunk and it's the greatest thing ever. I forgot how much I loved bunk beds! haha I'm a dork. But these sisters are so awesome. They are all so nice and loving and their testimonies of the gospel are AMAZING. Sister Keyes is one of the sweetest kindest people ever. She is always looking out for others and her insight to the gospel is amazing. She is always finding something nice to say about someone. And she has a sarcastic side to her so we get along pretty well. :) Sister Garzand is her companion and at first she was super quiet and didn't really say much, but now she talks a lot! She is super nice and sweet and just the most innocent little thing. Haha I love her. And Sister Parsons.... well this girl.Others like to say we are soul sisters. She is such a goofball! And she loses everything! Within the first two days we were here, she lost her camera and her key to our room. haha what a dork! We are always making faces at each other and we're just creepy and it's awesome!! I love her so much!! I might even say she's my favorite. Just pretend I didn't say that.  She seriously is hilarious and we always have fun together. She actually knows Kayli Edgingtons cousin, Nika Titmus! I have met Nika a couple of times and I love her. Sister Parsons is from Grantsville where Nika lives. Anyway... Sister Smith. Sister Smith is almost 22 and she is like our mother hen. She is so sweet and kind and funny, but she is always keeping us on task and sometimes she might hate us. Haha jklol jklol she is a sweetheart. And Sister Stewart, she is so sweet and kind and is always willing to listen.
 
Now the Elders in our district. Elder Hillman is our district leader. He is from Rigby, Idaho. He is such a nice and fun guy! You can tell he always has the spirit with him and he is just fun to be around. His companion is Elder LeBlanc. Ha this kid is so weird! But weird in a good way. He is so cocky sometimes and think so highly of himself, but he always finds something to humble himself. If not, we humble him. Haha but he really is such a gentleman and he is so selfless. He is always willing to do anything for anyone. Elder Atkinson is a fun kid. He is kind of awkward and sometimes he's a dork, but he has such a strong testimony of the gospel. Sometimes he has a hard time, but he always finds a way to make everything better for everyone. A funny story about him, one day in class our teacher Sister Frost was using us as an example for investigators trying to teach us something. Elder Atkinson had zoned out and Sister Frost asked him what he was grateful for and what he would tell God he was grateful for. He answered her, but he was supposed to answer her in the way an investigator would. Well he went on for about 5 minutes of all the things in the world he was grateful for right down to the microbes of the dirt. We all listened and when we he was done Sister Frost said, "Wow. You should just get baptized now." And everyone just broke out laughing. That was so great. So we have quite a few fun times. Cause well, we are fun people. haha:) So last but not least Elder Tanner. Elder Tanner is Elder Atkinson's companion. He is such a sweet guy. He is so fun to talk to and practice lessons with cause his testimony is so strong and he is also a goofball. All of the Elders are goofballs. haha but Elder Atkinson and Elder Tanner are the WORST when it comes to keeping on task. They always just start talking about something not gospel related because they can't focus and then we all join them and it's almost impossible to get back on task. haha but we have fun times and we also have really spiritual times.
 
Our teacher are Brother Sebesta and Sister Frost. They are the best ever!! They are both just so happy all the time and their love for the gospel is amazing! I love having them as teachers. I like Sister Frost a little more than Brother Sebesta though, cause Sister Frost has a better sense of humor and knows how to have fun. She seriously is so great, and from her stories about her mission, I want to be the missionary she was!
 
So as you can see I'm having just a little bit of fun. haha but I am also learning lots and feeling the spirit all the time! I am getting really excited to go out into the mission field, but I'm still scared. A lot. haha It feels like I have been here for a million years, but at the same time it's crazy to think I leave for Missippi in less than a week! Oh yeah, we fly out next monday at about 6:40 am. So I will call home about 5:30/6:00ish if you want to talk to me at all.
 
Holy cow. Easter Sunday here was AMAZING. We had a speaker come in the morning to talk to us. It was Bishop Gerald Causse and his wife from the presiding bishopbric of the church. And that was awesome! We had sacrament and we did it all together as 3,000 missionaries. So awesome! Then that night we had Sheri Dew come and speak to us. She was so awesome! I loved it! But right before she spoke we had Sister Nally (The MTC President's wife) do a song with us. We were in the devotional instead of in the overflow so it was even cooler. She had us sing Called To Serve, but at the beginning we sang it really soft, and she told us to picture that we were an army just marching up over a mountain to go to war against satan. And so she played the piano as if we were marching and then as we kept singing the song every verse we would get louder and at the very end chorus we were all singing really loud and we had all stood up and it was so amazing! The spirit that you felt in there was so strong. It was something that I had never experienced before. Then after Sheri Dew spoke we were able to watch a talk by Elder Bednar from a couple of years ago. It's called "The Character of Christ" It is AMAZING. AMAZING. AMAZING. Such a good message! So if you can find that, look it up.
 
Um. Sarah just told me you guys got a cat! If that thing is still around when I come home, I will be moving in with Kayla and David. I do not do cats. So enjoy that while you can and be ready to get rid of it in 18 months. Um funny you called it Maurice though. Haha you guys are so weird! For those of you who don't know, Joseph calls me Maurice all the time. I don't know why, he just does.
 
Also another thing, I can't remember if Courtney's e-mail has an underscore in it or not.... so I just put her email both with and underscore and one with not and we'll see if she gets it. haha but we can  e-mail friends now too. So that's cool.
 
So for gym time we get to play sports and work out and stuff, but me and the sisters play volleyball with a bunch of Elders of course. Cause volleyball is where it's at! But to be honest, I would rather play in old womens leagues! haha some people are seriously so bad! And it's hilarious! And I may have also broken my pinky. It's fine. I think I just jammed it, but the trainer lady thinks I broke it. I guess we'll see in a couple of days if it is still swollen. Haha
 
Also.... Thank you for my Easter basket! You know me too well mother :) and THANK YOU FOR THE POLAROID CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is seriously the coolest thing ever and it is so fun to take pictures on!! Everyone is jealous of me so good job mom :) haha But Sister Smith wants to know where you got it, mom? And how much it was? She really really wants one! And I already have taken pictures on it that I will be sending home. You have no idea how happy I was to use it, and how happy I am to have it for my mission!! It's SO BOSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So thank you :) :) :) :) :)
 
One thing that I have learned the most while I have been here is the power of prayer. We pray so many times a day that my knees are getting raw, but it's awesome! We pray so much and the spirit is able to testify to us so strong. So I challenge all of you to start praying more and pray more sincerely to God than you do now. It will work wonders. Heavenly Father is there for us through everything and He knows what you are experiencing so go to Him! Go to Him with anything. I testify that He will answer your prayers and that He will help you to feel the spirit stronger. It is amazing what 6 days in the MTC has done for me. And all because I can pray to God. I wouldn't be able to get through this without Him. He loves you all and I love you! I miss you all so much.
 
I know I am sounding all preachy and stuff, but don't worry I haven't changed much. I have only changed in my spiritualness. I'm still the same dork you sent off last wednesday. Haha hope you are all doing well! Love you!!
 
Love, Sister Rocha
 

No comments:

Post a Comment