Friday, May 10, 2013

Updating Sister Rochas emails :)


Well I made it to Monroe Louisiana!! We had to drive two hours to get here. There were 5 of us in a mini van with one of the helpers or whatever to the President was driving. I got to ride with Sister Parson (THANK HEAVENS! Love that girl!) and there were 2 other new girls and then Sis. Mapu. She is awesome! But we had a good 2 hour ride. It is so pretty down here! It's super green and so so pretty.But it's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hot and humid!! I'm going to die. LITERALLY. And it's only April. :(

 This is where I will spend the next 12 weeks of my life. My companion is awesome! Her name is Sister Rigby and she's from Idaho. We are getting along really well so far. We came to email at the library cause I didn't get much time to email while we were at our first transfer meeting place. I am super nervous of course. But not as nervous as I was yesterday. Yesterday after calling home, I was ready to go home. Haha I didn't know what to expect and I just felt like I couldn't do this. And I was running on two hours of sleep so that didn't help my emotions. Haha but last night some of us were talking in a room and we were just sharing how we all felt and our questions about the gospel and we had a really good discussion. It made me feel a little better cause we talked a lot about how a lot of our gospel is based on faith. And like Elder Holland said, we don't need to tell God what we don't know, but tell him what we do know. So that helped my nerves a little bit.

And having Sister Parsons here has helped so much. Times have gotten really hard (it's only been 2 weeks....) and I have told myself at times that I should just go home. But of course I always talk myself out of it. And a lot of it is because of her. She may be one of the most hilarious and fun people to be around, but she always knows how to make me feel better and having her with me these last 2 weeks has made me realize that one reason I came here was to meet her. So if I'm having these experiences already, then I probably should stay. Haha we weren't companions in the MTC, and not even in the same district, but we roomed together. So I know God put her in my path for a reason and that will happen many more times while I'm out here. I'm grateful to have this experience though. It's gonna be tough, especially cause I hate change... but good things always come from it as long as you rely on the Lord. He can do anything. He knows your every feeling, because he has felt it too. Put your trust in Him and you can do anything you set your mind to! (I know this is true, I just need to practice it more) :/
I have been pretty homesick lately, but I'm trying to come out with two feet completely in the mission field. I know it will take time, but I know God will help me. I love the people in my mission already! All this time at the MTC I have been thinking that every missionary is all holy and just reverent all the time. And that's not how it is at all. Missionaries are still normal human beings!! Hahaha (I should have known already, my mom served a mission....) haha but the missionaries out here are really welcoming and really fun. There are some sisters out here that I know I will just love! One of them being my companion. :) Or my new mom I should say. I have gained a lot of new family today it turns out. I'm still trying to figure it all out. haha
Turns out I was right, I did pack my mission president so he could move out here! So so weird. But President McDonough and his wife are so sweet and nice. Love them already. The sisters stayed in the mission home last night and holy cow their place was huge! They had so many rooms and so many beds. It was fun. And they fed us lots of food :)

I think we are just going to get settled in today and grocery shopping and stuff. Not really sure of what all will go on. I'm super tired though, I know that for sure!
Oh so cool experience that happened. All the girls in my district asked the elders if they would give us blessings the night before we left. I had Elder Tanner give me my blessing. And holy cow, the spirit I felt was awesome! He said he hadn't given many blessings before and when he took his hands off my head he said, "Woah. That was the weirdest feeling ever." He said exactly everything I needed to hear to get ready to come out her. So that was a cool experience. What a kid! It was so sad to say goodbye to everyone. We leave our families behind, then they give us a new one and after we bond and become super close, they tear us away! Haha we say that all the time. It was hard to leave our district and it was even harder to leave some of the girls I roomed with. Sister Smith and Sister Parsons. Not my companion.... awkward.
But we also had four sisters come out with us that are assigned to Sydney, Australia, but they haven't gotten their visas yet. So they sent them out here with us. Great girls, love em! One of them is Sister McKinnon. I went to junior high and high school with her. Super cute girl. So if Ali's visa doesn't come on time, maybe she'll join me out here... haha jk jk! Kind of ;)
Well I should probably go now. Just wanted to let you know I was here and let you know I'm scared out of my mind, but I'm here. haha one of these days I'll learn to approach people about the gospel.
I miss you all so much! Don't have too much fun without me. Oh wait, impossible. HA! Love you all!
Love, Sister Rocha
P.S. Sorry Court and Kayla that I couldn't talk long yesterday. :/ I was just bawling at the pay phone and it was time to get ready to board the plane. It was so good to talk to you though! Oh and if you could both email this to your moms. They gave me their emails and I forgot to bring my notebook in. :/ haha Love you both :)



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

No comments:

Post a Comment